Friday 22 June 2018

COLD CUTS


This post is based on my opinions, however, after I have an opinion, I go away and research in different directions to see if I’m right or wrong. 



If any video doesn’t play, please try the URL (code) directly underneath it. 






https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPQpdUSVCg



 Children are flesh and blood. If they are shot, knifed or blown up, they become disabled or die. That is a bad thing. 


I honestly think many people , (some of whom like war games), don’t realise that that is a bad thing. 


Whenever I see figures that show the vast financial contributions from USA, to other areas of the (mostly third) world, I’m proud for my American friends. However, under a Republican Government things are changing. 


In December last year, Donald Trump announced cuts of US contributions to UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) by 16 %, according to Newsweek. This, while the world has the highest number of displaced persons in its history.


The UN Dispatch, a United Nations newsletter, went further and said in February that Trump asked US Congress to cut out funding to UNICEF entirely. The Dispatch was hopeful that Congress would not pass that. 


UNICEF does very good work for children that need it. 


So I dont understand this push by Mr Trump to deny child asylum seekers. I do understand sovereign borders, the need for physical barriers sometimes, and that countries get to choose more or less who , and how many they let in. However, if they are genuine asylum cases, a wealthy country should either help them there, or at their home. There , or at their home. 


Not neither. 


Not neither.


Neither, in the case of danger, can be sentence to murder. 


Ah well. America’s Government seems unable to protect its own children from guns at school, church, home, and sitting on their front steps, so do we really expect them to protect children from knives, machetes, and guns in other countries?


Well, yes. If you’re going to send them back, Mr Trump, then please pay for their protection there. Otherwise keep them. Not neither.


Perhaps if some white children explain it to you:





https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1GEPvLW68


Children waiting for the day, they feel good

Happy birthday, happy birthday
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher, tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me
And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world, mad world
Enlarge your world
Mad world”
Excerpt from “Mad World” written by Roland Orzabal



https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7004



United Nations , easy to understand, 2016 report:


https://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/files/UNICEF_Child_Alert_Central_America_2016_report_final(1).pdf


Donate:


https://support.unicef.org



God save the children. 

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

You nailed it. One hundred percent right. Until the past year or two, I have never been embarrassed to say I am an American citizen. Like every country we had our flaws, but at heart, a good place.

That seems to have ended with our current administration which I find intolerant, inhumane, xenophobic and ignorant (not to mention crass and immoral.) I want you to know that not all Americans are this way but right now we're in a very bad time. It will take our people -- our deeply divided country -- to get this right. I'm not terribly optimistic (to the point that I have considered emigrating, which is a lot easier said than done.) I thank you for this post and I hope a lot of people see it and consider how we are seen abroad.

Running on empty said...

It certainly is divided, Jeanie. You need a few more political parties there, I think. At present so many bills come to a standoff/standstill in your Congress. Having more parties helps to move things along.

Having said that, the smaller parties can sometimes get bought off with promises. It can’t be worse than big corps buying off the politicians though.

Well, if you emigrate you’re welcome in Australia.