Wednesday 24 May 2017

SUICIDAL POLICIES




"You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right."

Billy Joel -You may be right.










Ten free visits to a shrink per calendar year in Australia, actually six, then you have to go to a doctor and ask for four more. After that you're paying over $100 per visit. 

It's not enough for people in crisis , in acute, or chronic mental illness. It's not even one per month!!! 

Get your values together , Australian government. You've helped the rich enough, now help the rest of the population. 


Detail of The Scream by Munch



 






1 comment:

Fizzfan said...

This is a VAST topic. Even bad days for the 'sane' are rubbish enough.

Multiply that into serious long term issues related to trauma, bereavement, isolation, low self esteem or abuse and you pretty much have every person on the planet covered at some point in their lives.

I'm constantly appalled at the low priority mental health issues get. Sadly much of the 'help' given is too little too late.

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. Hate to say it but theres a lot of truth in that.

My Mum was clinically depressed for years when I was in my teens. It's exhausting and very draining for those living around them and I'll admit I despaired of her many times and just wanted her to snap out of it, which of course I now know is impossible.
We nearly lost her.

Outside help and intervention is so important.